Broadcom 4313 wireless card: any progress?

Olaoluwa Omokanwaiye laoluomoks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 08:46:50 UTC 2016

Hi all,

A big congrats on the milestone and advancement of FreeBSD moving to version 11. It should not be taken for granted and all the team behind the upgrade and maintenance are really appreciated.

I would like to find out if there's any good news to being able to have my Broadcom wireless network card/adapter work on the FreeBSD 11.0? I have tried converting the windows driver but it did not work , gave so much errors and rebooting after all said and done.

Please tell me there's a solution or a rewritten or reverse engineered driver I can use. This is the only missing thing in my laptop running FreeBSD and you know how inconvenient that can be, and unpleasing that can be, moreover the world around me has gone wireless, that these days it's not everywhere you have cable points and moreover it's not that convenient and I think that's one of the essence of wireless any way

Thanks again all
Ola

Sent from my iPhone