The first glitch under FreeBSD : scanimage does not return

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:38:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 10.3 amd64. Yesterday I changed my box's cabinet,
moving to Circle 821, which makes USB3 available at the front panel.

After moving the innards to the new box, I have been checking if each
component works seamlessly. Everything works as before, except my USB
scanner - Canon MG2470 MFD serving purely as scanner. With the scanner
powered on, usbconfig does list it :

ugen7.7: <MG2400 series Canon> at usbus7, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=ON (2mA)

But running 'scanimage -L' goes into a deep well - the command gets
stuck - even Control+C does not wake up scanimage. The only thing I can
do then is close down the terminal window.

So what might be the problem ? Do I need to reinstall something ?

Thanks for any help
Manish Jain