11.0 with base ntpd daily leapfile problem

Matt Smith matt.xtaz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:24:27 UTC 2016

On Oct 20 10:18, Ernie Luzar wrote:

>I think I need to file a bug report about this.
>What do I have to manually change in the script to fix this problem?

It isn't a problem. It's meant to do that. It launches whenever periodic
daily launches which by default is 3am. As you can then see from the
script it waits a random amount of seconds to "avoid dogpiling". This is
so that everyones servers don't all suddenly try and fetch the same file
at the same time causing a massive denial of service attack against the
webserver. After the random amount of seconds has passed, it will fetch
the file and exit.

--
Matt