Is there a curses-based mp3 player available in FreeBSD ?

Brandon J. Wandersee brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:58:39 UTC 2016

Alejandro Imass writes:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Manish Jain
> <bourne.identity at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/19/16 21:13, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>>> Manish Jain <bourne.identity at hotmail.com> writes:
>>>

> [...]
>
>> I normally always put the asterisks when searching under ports. Perhaps
>> I should create a shell wrapper for wild-carding find searches under
>> /usr/ports automatically.
>>

> How about using the native search capability:
>
> cd /usr/ports
> make search name=[regexp]
>
> Also look into ports-mgmt/psearch

`pkg search -o` is also an option:

| audio/mp3blaster               MP3 console ncurses-based player

I have it set to the alias `pkg port` in /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf. It
only works for ports that have corresponding packages in the official
repository, though; anything that can't be built into a package for
whatever reason, won't be included.

--
::  Brandon J. Wandersee
::  brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
::  'The best design is as little design as possible.'