Broadcom wireless BCM4313

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:12:05 UTC 2016

On 10/13/16 17:30, freebsd-questions-request at freebsd.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tried the above steps, successfully converted the files but when I try to
> load the .ko driver I get a stackoverflow and the OS reboots pls what do I
> do? This has not allowed me to load the  successfully converted windows
> driver using ndisgen.
>
> Help!!!!!

I suggest you include more explicit information when requesting help.

You say you tried to "load the .ko driver" you got from ndisgen.

 From what I remember, there should have been 3 .ko's generated by
ndisgen, which have to be loaded in this order :

kldload bcm<N1>.cat.ko
kldload bcm<N2>.dll.ko
kldload bcm<N3>.sys.ko

So what exactly are you trying ?

I can not help you beyond a point because I do not have that card
myself. And as I said earlier, Broadcom open source support for its NIC
is virtually non-existent. Perhaps Atheros would have been a better choice.

Regards
Manish Jain