Broadcom wireless BCM4313

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Oct 11 16:38:38 UTC 2016

Re-including list, hope that's okay.

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 15:25:17 +0100, Olaoluwa Omokanwaiye wrote:
> Thanks for this.
>
> It was going successfully but had a hitch because I had not install kernel
> source tree while installing my FreeBSD 10.3.
> The kernel source tree us needed for successful conversion of windows
> driver.

Yes, that is correct (at least certain parts of the /usr/src
subtree are needed).

> how can I install the kernel source tree at this point since I
> didn't install during previous installation. I am using FreeBSD
> 10.3-RELEASE-p7

This can easily be done with freebsd-update (which I assume you
have been using to get to 10.3-RELEASE-p7): In /etc/freebsd-update.conf,
make sure you have "src" in the line

	Components src world kernel

This will install or update the sources when you run an update.
If I remember correctly, you can perform this as a "partial update"
where only the missing component will be installed.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany