Multiple Desktop FreeBSD 10.3

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Oct 10 22:59:14 UTC 2016

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 23:39:02 +0100, Olaoluwa Omokanwaiye wrote:
> I wonder if the new FreeBSD 11.0 sports Broadcom wireless drivers now.

The most current version (12-CURRENT) doesn't seem to support it.
In most cases, development happens in the highest -CURRENT version,
and results will then be backported to the RELEASE and maybe to a
legacy version of FreeBSD.

Check the "HARDWARE" section of those manpages:

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=bwi&apropos=0&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+12-current&arch=default&format=html

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=bwn&apropos=0&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+12-current&arch=default&format=html

But as I mentioned, you can probably go with the "NDIS wrapper"
in order to use that particular piece of hardware. At least this
seem to has been working 5 years ago, so it shouldn't be a problem
adopting that procedure today.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany