CPUTYPE question (yet again..)

Mario Lobo lobo at bsd.com.br
Fri Oct 7 21:27:36 UTC 2016

Hi;

Rephrasing a previous question.

I have two phisical hosts with FreeBSD VMs in each.

I want to be able to run these VMs on either host.

Host #1 has detected CPUTYPE as core-avx-i
Host #2 has detected CPUTYPE as corei7-avx

Which CPUTYPE should I set to make buildworld, ran on a central/third
location, that would allow any of these VMs tu run without problem on
either host?

OBS-cc,gcc or clang can't be allowed to detect/guess the CPUTYPE.

Thanks,

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,
because that would also stop you from doing clever things."