Is it possible to port the old Logo saver to X ?

Eduardo Morras emorrasg at yahoo.es
Fri Oct 7 18:17:01 UTC 2016

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 19:09:01 +0200
Alphons van Werven <freebsd at skysmurf.nl> wrote:

> Manish Jain wrote:
>
> > Beastie is available only in text mode. Is there I can get Beastie
> > in an X session ?
>
> Licensing issues aside, it should be possible but will require work.
> In essence, you'll need to write an xscreensaver hack(*) for it.

.. If I do

SELECT program_name, port_path, cool_graduation FROM
Freebsd_Available_Ports WHERE uses = 'screensaver' ORDER BY
cool_graduation;

I get more than one line ;)

Personally xscreensaver is too heavy for me. I use xautolock to fire
slock (both in ports and share the first position on the query). In my
fluxbox startup file (similar on other window managers) I have:

xautolock -time 1 -locker slock &

Where 1 is 1 minute and slock blocks X until enter user password. You
can execute slock directly

%slock

to lock X window.

> Fonz
>
> Ad (*): Xscreensaver is a bundle of several distinct screensaver
> programs, which are called hacks in xscreensaver lingo.
>
> --
> A.J. "Fonz" van Werven <freebsd at skysmurf.nl>
> mailsig: Help! I'm a prisoner in a Chinese fortune cookie factory.

---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg at yahoo.es>