Hi, a dual booting question

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 7 06:47:40 UTC 2016

> Finally all, now that I have the FreeBSD it's just terminal but I also want GUI, wireless network and my printer working. How do I go from here

> Thanks again
> Ola

It looks like you need to read the FreeBSD handbook online.

For GUI, you install xorg, which is in the ports tree at $PORTSDIR/x11/xorg : metaport for the full xorg installation.

For wireless networking, you will need to read the section in the FreeBSD Handbook, and be sure to check wpa_supplicant.

For printing, a lot depends on what kind of printer you have.  If you have HP printer, it becomes more complicated (I speak from experience), and you will need print/hplip.

Also, better to change the subject line since this is no longer about dual booting.

Tom