Clone a FBSD system with something in the likes of ghost

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Thu Oct 6 00:49:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:26 PM, Jack L. <xxjack12xx at gmail.com> wrote:
> have you tried gpart backup src|gpart restore target?
>
> That's usually how I clone my partitions
>
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

Hey guys great discussion. Thanks for following up and all the ideas!

I haven't done anything yet researching and making sure it will work
OK and I end up with a stable syste.

Most of my stuff is in jails anyway with EzJail so I'm thinking that
if I upgrade my old system to exactly the version of the target
installation the ezjail archive and restore feature will work well. I
have done this before and works like a charm so long as both systems
are prtty much the same version and equally updated. So I'm still
undecided as to what the best approach would be at this point. I'm
inclined for the ezjail archive restore right now as I know for a fact
that it works.

Best,
Alejandro Imass