Replies to spam

Thomas Mueller mueller6722 at twc.com
Sun Nov 27 07:31:24 UTC 2016

> On Saturday, 26 November 2016 00:15:51 CET, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com>
> wrote:

> > It has been so far, often with the justification that this is what we have
> > always done.  I am of the opinion that eventually the mailing lists will
> > require subscription or become irrelevant.  Times have changed from twenty
> > years ago, and will continue to change.

> -1

> for mailing-list are/become irrelevant and should be substituted by fancy,
> colorfull, browser requesting forums

> matthias

-1 here, my experience with forums is always unfavorable, messages on a specific topic are practically impossible to find.

Besides, mailing lists work even without a graphical interface on the user's end.

User might have not yet built the graphical interface, or the graphical interface might have crashed.

Tom