Dealing with (multiple) pkgs with security vulnerabilities.

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 07:24:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

Part of my security run output contains a long list of packages with
vulnerabilities.
'pkg audit -F' returns a listing of these pkgs with enough details, but
 pkg update && pkg upgrade returns nothing so I suppose there is a better
way to deal with these.
I know I can manually do 'make -C /path/to/port/directory clean reinstall
clean', but that is so manual and tirng even just for 10 pkgs to be updated.

What is the easiest way of doing a batch update for all the listed pkgs?

* Checking for packages with security vulnerabilities: Database fetched:
Fri Nov 25 04:06:20 EAT 2016*
ipsec-tools-0.7.2
python27-2.7.10
libgcrypt-1.6.3