How do I get rid of "Root mount waiting for: GRAID-NVIDIA" messages during FreeBSD 11.0 boot sequence?

John W. Kitz John.Kitz at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 26 16:35:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

Because I wanted to do some quick tests with a bit of software I installed
FreeBSD 11.0 on a computer that is not being used. The installation went
fine, but the subsequent start-ups are all delayed for about 20 - 30 seconds
at some point during the boot sequence while the following message is
repeatedly displayed: "Root mount waiting for: GRAID-NVIDIA".

Since the computer contains only one hard disk and is not configured for
RAID, I suspect that one disk came from other hardware which did use RAID
and that affects the way in which the disk works in the system in which it
is currently installed.

Any suggestions how to get rid of these messages and the delay?

Regards, Jk.