FreeBSD upgrade 10.3 to 11.0

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Fri Nov 25 15:01:35 UTC 2016

I am testing out the procedures to upgrade our existing FreeBSD hosts
from 10.3 to 11.0 using a bhyve guest configured for the purpose.  I
have followed the instructions in the handbook/wiki to the best of my
understanding. I have a question about the last step however.

One is supposed to reinstall all of the port pkgs one has installed.
Is there an automated way to do this provided by the FreeBSD
community; or is this a case of roll your own script?

Canada  L8E 3C3