Microsoft announced it is joining The Linux Foundation?

Frank Shute frank at woodcruft.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 04:34:42 UTC 2016

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 10:22:49PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 13:53:16 -0600, Marius Schamschula wrote:
> >
> >Microsoft has a pattern of doing this sort of thing:
> >
> >See under SGI Fahrenheit (3D rendering) and Intergraph, to just name
> >the two I???m most familiar with.
> >
> >Microsoft sucked out all the IP they could get and then dropped the
> >???cooperation??? with the other company, leaving the other company with a
> >broken standard.
>
> Somebody already ask us, to stop this off-topic discussion.
>
> A quick search didn't show me an off-topic FreeBSD mailing list.
> However, there's

> subscribing shouldn't be required, to post to this list.

Why in hell's name would I want to write to a Debian mailing list when I'm
talking about FreeBSD?

> Here in Germany nobody is forced to use anything related to Microsoft.
> Computer users are free to chose what they want to use. In some domains
> Microsoft might be market leader or at least close to it, this means
> that a lot of people by free will like Microsoft's offers.

You're highly delusional and obviously have zero clue as to how MS impose
vendor lock-in.

> Microsoft is just a big, bad company. I agree with this. Microsoft
> follows their own interests. That's capitalism. I don't like capitalism.

The problem isn't capitalism. The problem is criminality and abusing both
customers and competitors through a monopoly.

This problem has been recognised ever since the "Robber Barons" had their
empires dismantled by the US government.

Read Judge Jackson's "Findings of Fact" about Microsoft's behaviour. His
remedy was correctly "break 'em up", which was overturned on appeal for a
period of judicial oversight.

This just resulted after a couple of years in MS conducting "business as
usual".

Microsoft know that the US judicial system and legislature is there to be
bought, as is public opinion.

> The difference between true arguments, why Microsoft is as evil as most
> likely any other big company is too and a conspiracy is misrelating
> arguments.
>
> Microsoft is evil, because of some valid argument.
> Microsoft donates money to Linux.
> Most huge Linux distros migrated to systemd.
> Let's mix all this and add some untruth to it.
>
> Fortunately we still have an OS of integrity, FreeBSD.

Don't make me laugh. The Foundation and core have thrown away any principles
that they may have had.

How they can sleep at night, I don't know.

I hope those folks remember, Microsoft have and continue to put people out of
work by their illegal behaviour. They also abuse their customer's wholesale.
GWX anyone? Their software is a byword for being entirely rotten, unstable and
useless.

...and FreeBSD gets into bed with them after a few warm words about open
source from SatNad?

Two words:

Fucking disgraceful.

> Let's ignore that FreeBSD can't be used for all tasks and ignore how
> much Linux software is available for FreeBSD, so there's no reason to
> use anything related with Microsoft or Linux.

There's only one problem with your argument: there are a couple of people
working for Microsoft who are commiting code to FreeBSD src, so you're using
Microsoft code whether you like it or not.

> If people still use e.g. a service provided by Microsoft, despite of all
> we know about the Microsoft and Linux conspiracy/conspiracies, this is
> another evidence for the conspiracy/conspiracies.
> IOW the conspiracy is underpinned by itself.
> Ten or hundred people on a mailing list agree with it, others don't
> reply. R??sum??: Most people confirm that there is such a conspiracy.
> The conspiracy now is truth. This is how populism works.

Whilst your conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories is very interesting,
how about addressing the facts?

> Regards,
> Ralf

Regards,