Microsoft announced it is joining The Linux Foundation?

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Sun Nov 20 19:55:53 UTC 2016

Microsoft has a pattern of doing this sort of thing:

See under SGI Fahrenheit (3D rendering) and Intergraph, to just name the two I’m most familiar with.

Microsoft sucked out all the IP they could get and then dropped the “cooperation” with the other company, leaving the other company with a broken standard.

On Nov 20, 2016, at 1:48 PM, jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dale!!! You spoke my mind :) :) :)
>
> I smell a rat in this deal.
>
> CONTROL is MS's ultimate goal.
>

> On 11/20/2016 12:40 PM, Dale Scott wrote:

>>> fritter away weeks of precious mental effort trying
>>> to figure out how it all fit into the grand Microsoft World Domination
>>> Plot.
>> I think many people have trouble accepting that coincidence, happenstance, momentum and happy accidents determine the course of history at least as much as secret behind the scenes planning.
>>
>> ---
>> Dale R. Scott, P.Eng.
>> Transparency with Trust
>> Blog: http://www.dalescott.net
>> LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/dalescott
>> GitHub: https://github.com/dalers

>>> Indeed. But this thread is just another example of how these things
>>> always go. Satya Nadella could burn every inch of Redmond to ashes,
>>> bequeath his personal fortune to HIV research and then hang himself, and
>>> people would still fritter away weeks of precious mental effort trying
>>> to figure out how it all fit into the grand Microsoft World Domination
>>> Plot. Eventually they'd just conclude that Nadella actually didn't
>>> really do any of it, but was in reality set up by the NSA in conjunction
>>> with Google.
>>>
>>> The Internet is one big bullshit farm. That's about the only substantive
>>> thing anyone can say in discussions like this.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ::  Brandon J. Wandersee
>>> ::  brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
>>> ::  'The best design is as little design as possible.'

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula