Dell R230's + ZFS via PERC

Paul Macdonald paul at ifdnrg.com
Fri Nov 18 20:26:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

We're buying a few of theDell  R230's now,

The R230's however, whilst having nice 4 x hotswappable bays) have only
a single sata port on the borard and everything goes via the PERC card.

( the R220's had awful ACPI problems which muck up serial access)

A lot of these are single SSD systems with a few mirrored sata + L2
SSD's for caching

I've read that ZFS prefers direct access to the disks, does anyone have
info/insight as to running zfs via these percs?

thanks

Paul.

--

-------------------------
Paul Macdonald
e: paul at ifdnrg.com
w: http://www.ifdnrg.com
IFDNRG
40 Maritime Street
Edinburgh
EH6 6SA

Virtual Servers from £50.00pm
High specification Dedicated Servers from £150.00pm