Microsoft announced it is joining The Linux Foundation?

SOUL_OF_ROOT 55 soulofroot55 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:51:53 UTC 2016

> At its Connect(); 2016 developer event in New York City today, Microsoft
> announced it is joining The Linux Foundation. And the company isn’t joining
> just to say it did: Microsoft is joining at the Platinum level, the highest
> level of membership, which costs $500,000 annually. John Gossman, architect
> on the Microsoft Azure team, will sit on the foundation’s Board of
> Directors and help underwrite projects.
>
> reference: http://venturebeat.com/2016/11/16/microsoft-joins-the-linux-foundation-as-a-platinum-member/
>

> Can this be?  Microsoft announced it is joining The Linux Foundation?

Don’t Believe the Lies; Microsoft Hates Linux and Merely Pulls E.E.E.
Tactics Against It, Including .NET Promotion

Posted in Deception, GNU/Linux, Microsoft at 6:58 pm by Dr. Roy Schestowitz

Making GNU/Linux work the ‘Microsoft way’ so as to give Microsoft greater
control

‘We had some painful experiences with C and C++, and when Microsoft came
out with .NET, we said, “Yes! That is what we want.”‘

–Miguel de Icaza, now Microsoft employee

or intentionally misleading material that strives to portray Microsoft as a
friend of GNU/Linux even though the company actively attacks GNU/Linux and
tries to bring the competitor under its own control"

http://techrights.org/2016/11/16/microsoft-still-hates-linux/