Hello

Brian W. brian at brianwhalen.net
Sat Nov 12 14:50:21 UTC 2016

There is an hcl page also for the current release. Don't run current as a
newbie.  I suspect something similar is available for the releases.
www.freebsd.org/relnotes/CURRENT/hardware/support.html

On Nov 12, 2016 6:41 AM, "Warren Block" <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016, zeke motta wrote:

Hello

> I joined the forums, asked a simple question but obtained no reply at all.
> It seems that FreeBSD fellas r more interested in talking to each other
> than helping newbies like myself.

Was that the private message to admins?  Someone sent one of those
recently, rather than actually posting a message people could see and
answer.

As far as the i5, yes, no problem.  I avoid Nvidia due to their lack of
open source support, but some people have used some Nvidia cards
successfully.