unknown error during root mount on boot (fstab) in 11.0-RELEASE (after updating)

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 11 11:59:49 UTC 2016

On 11/11/16 11:51, Christoph P.U. Kukulies wrote:
> OK, so should I fireup gpart and label the volumes not listed?
> There is a directory /dev/gptid containing a UUID.

Yes, definitely.  Labelling your partitions will make your life somewhat
easier.  The /dev/gptid names could be used -- it always produces the
same device name for the same physical drive -- but it's so long it is
pretty unweildy to deal with.

> Might this be the missing ad6?

Hmm... yes.  I think the /dev/adN style device names were dropped in
11.0-RELEASE, so what used to be ad6 is now probably only showing up as ada1

	Cheers,

	Matthew