exporting pefs with nfs??

Holger Burde hburde07 at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:20:31 UTC 2016

hi,

I tried to make a encrypted directory (pefs) available via nfs - with no
success.
Local on the FreeBSD Server it works as expected. On my Ubuntu client i see
an empty directory. Writes over nsf from the client go unencryped to the
underlying directory on which the pefs dir is mounted.

I am using FreeBSD 11 with all patches - with zfs.

Any idea if this is supported  at all - pefs over nfs? The docs don't say
anything about this combination. Maybe its a matter of mount options?

Thx in advance,

hb