How to create a fork of freebsd

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Sun May 29 13:24:03 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 01:06:46PM +0200, Mathe Eliel wrote:
> Hello to the community.
> I saw a operating system called pfSense that is based on FreeBSD. It uses
> PF firewall filter, I think.
>
> Now, I would like to create a sample OS based on freeBSD. I have a web
> application written in PHP and running on Apache Server in a FreeBSD
> computer. How can I make this kind of fork of FreeBSD thus I give a .iso
> file to my friends containing the webserver, the php application and other
> downloaded ports such as apinger, dhcpd? To allow them use my application
> without redownloading all those applications but they can install it in a
> computer and it starts working?

That's not really a fork, but distributing a live-CD with some extras.

The FreeSBIE toolkit for building live-CDs in /usr/ports/sysutils/freesbie can
probably do what you need.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith                                   http://rsmith.home.xs4all.nl/
pgp: 5753 3324 1661 B0FE 8D93  FCED 40F6 D5DC A38A 33E0 (keyID: A38A33E0)