ksh93, tmux, termcap problems

Frank Shute frank at woodcruft.co.uk
Wed May 25 22:37:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

I seem to be having problems using ksh93 as my shell in tmux running on an
xterm. The problem being when my command is longer than one line. It just
executes the command when it hits the end of the line, instead of
getting the value of PS2 at the start of the next line and the command
continuing.

I did a bit of grovelling around and I came across somebody who had a similar
problem with bash and tmux. (I don't think it was on FreeBSD though). Somebody
suggested it was a termcap problem.

Of course, when running tmux it sets TERM=screen

Anybody know how to fix this? TIA.

Regards,

--

Frank