Firefox still without sound

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed May 25 14:23:58 UTC 2016

El día Wednesday, May 25, 2016 a las 03:19:08PM +0200, Christian Baer escribió:

> Hey everyone!
>
> I just updated Firefox to the current 46.0.1 and I am still not getting any
> sound out of it (just tested youtube). With the update several other packages
> were updated too (including alsa), so it seems as if there has been some
> progress in terms of sound.
>
> Using $SEARCHENGINE I could quickly see, that Firefox without sound after an
> update under FreeBSD is a (well) known issue. Strangely enough there does not
> really seem to be a solution out there that is easy to implement or put into
> the ports/packages.
>
> What's going on there? Or have I just missed the memo about Firefox and the
> sound output?

I have installed all ports from r414411 (1st of May 2016), which
brings firefox-46.0_2,1. Sound is fine at least with YT and HTML5.
Do you have pulseaudio installed? If so, read through
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2016-April/016823.html
This must be configured correctly or just removed.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail