Recording from multiple webcams

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue May 17 17:17:27 UTC 2016

On Tue, 17 May 2016 19:04:59 +0200, Eduardo Morras via freebsd-questions wrote:
> Can I record video from multiple webcams? I need record from 3 webcams
> simultaneusly, I've install webcamd but can't find any app to record
> from them. Some apps allow 1 webcam but I need at least 3.

Not tested (because I don't have even one webcam here), but would
mencoder be an option for you? Many years ago, I've been using a
computer with two Haupauge TV/video cards and accessed their video
inputs independently by accessing /dev/bktr0 with one mencoder,
and /dev/bktr1 with the other... not sure if mencoder could do
the same with webcams controlled by webcamd...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany