pkg delete dilema

Anton Sayetsky vsasjason at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:11:35 UTC 2016

>> On 10/05/2016 18:44, Mario Lobo wrote:
>> > So, is there a way to tell pkg just to delete the package WITHOUT
>> deleting
>> > the dependent ports? If not, is there a way for me to remove just the
>> > cups-client port? Or just force cups to get installed (make
>> > FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=yes install issues the same problem as plain make
>> above)?
>>
>> pkg delete -f cups-client
>>
>>         Cheers,
>>
>>         Matthew
>>

> Thanks Anton but I DID RTFM, but i expected to find the answer in the
> obvious "man pkg", which by the way, is not there anywhere:
Please, read messages carefully. You did NOT read required manpage.
"man pkg" is WRONG, and I said about "man pkg-***delete***".
Evidence follows:
jason at cs0:~$ man pkg-delete | col -bx | egrep -A3 '\-f,'
     -f, --force
                Forces packages to be removed despite leaving unresolved
                dependencies.  In combination with the -a or --all flag,
                causes pkg(8) to be removed as well as all other packages.
jason at cs0:~$