Recommended laptop for FreeBSD 10.2 Xfce workstation?

John McDonnell mcdonnjd at pcam.org
Wed Mar 30 17:53:18 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Gould
Subject: Re: Recommended laptop for FreeBSD 10.2 Xfce workstation?

When I have a computer with wifi compatibility issues, I prefer to use the
universal wifi adapters that attach to ethernet ports rather than usb ports.

Best of luck,

Andrew

------------------

Can you provide some more information on these adapters? Somehow, this is
the first I've ever heard of them. Are they powered by the Ethernet port or
do they need to plug into a USB port for power? I'm assuming there has to be
some sort of driver for them in order to provide PSK or 802.1x as well as
what SSID to connect to?

If you have a link handy to information on them, that would be great. I'm
going to give Google a try, but my Google-foo isn't always the greatest when
I'm not sure what I'm looking for, so any pointers in the right direction
will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

--