openvpn issue

Wayne Sierke ws at au.dyndns.ws
Wed Mar 23 05:14:05 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-23 at 00:07 +0000, laszlo.danielisz--- via freebsd-
questions wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to install openvpn to a FreeBSD server
> following this tutorial.I've edited vars, I am using sh, and all the
> time I try to run ./buil-ca I'm getting the following errHior:
> # pwd
> /usr/local/etc/openvpn/easy-rsa
> # uname -a
> FreeBSD do 10.2-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p7
> # . vars
> NOTE: If you run ./clean-all, I will be doing a rm -rf on
> /usr/local/etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys
> # ./build-ca
>   Please edit the vars script to reflect your configuration,  then
> source it with "source ./vars".  Next, to start with a fresh PKI
> configuration and to delete any  previous certificates and keys, run
> "./clean-all".  Finally, you can run this tool (pkitool) to build
> certificates/keys.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks!Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

Does the 'keys' dir exist, at /usr/local/etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys ?

The main easy-rsa script (pkitool) tests for the existence of that
directory, although - somewhat confusingly - not before it issues that
other warning message!