Upcoming Releases

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Wed Mar 16 04:11:15 UTC 2016

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016, Doug Hardie wrote:

> I recently saw a comment in one of the maillists that 11.0 was likely
> to have the new packetized base feature.  That tells me that 11.0 is
> most likely to be dicey to work with.  I am reminded when the new pkg
> system came out and the supporting servers were compromised.

To the best of my knowledge, there was no relation between pkg and any
compromises.

Any new release is bound to have problems.  But this one is likely to be
smoother than most, as many of the developers and most of the cluster
have been running -HEAD as part of the "dogfood" program.  Problems are
found and fixed early.