ezjail-admin update issues

laszlo.danielisz at yahoo.com laszlo.danielisz at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 19:22:19 UTC 2016

Hi All,
I am trying to update my jails and I'm getting an error. Try to figure out what's happening but haven't found yet. Do you have any idea?
Installing updates...rm: /usr/jails/newjail//boot/kernel.old/.freebsd-update: Read-only file systemrm: /usr/jails/newjail//boot/kernel.old: Read-only file systemtouch: /usr/jails/newjail//boot/kernel.old/.freebsd-update: Read-only file systemCould not create kernel backup directory

And here is the whole log:# ezjail-admin update -usrc component not installed, skippedLooking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 4 mirrors found.Fetching metadata signature for 10.2-RELEASE from update5.freebsd.org... done.Fetching metadata index... done.Inspecting system... done.Preparing to download files... done.
No updates needed to update system to 10.2-RELEASE-p13.No updates are available to install.Run '/usr/sbin/freebsd-update fetch' first.src component not installed, skippedLooking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 4 mirrors found.Fetching metadata signature for 10.2-RELEASE from update4.freebsd.org... done.Fetching metadata index... done.Inspecting system... done.Preparing to download files... done.
The following files will be updated as part of updating to 10.2-RELEASE-p13:/etc/snmpd.config/var/db/etcupdate/current/etc/snmpd.config/var/db/etcupdate/log/var/db/mergemaster.mtreeInstalling updates...rm: /usr/jails/newjail//boot/kernel.old/.freebsd-update: Read-only file systemrm: /usr/jails/newjail//boot/kernel.old: Read-only file systemtouch: /usr/jails/newjail//boot/kernel.old/.freebsd-update: Read-only file systemCould not create kernel backup directory
Thanks!Laci