CURRENT does not compile on i386

Pierre-Yves Péneau pierre-yves.peneau at lirmm.fr
Fri Mar 11 16:25:51 UTC 2016

Oups ! Thank you for correcting me.  I have fixed the command but there
is the same error.

Yes I know that GENERIC is the default value, this compilation is just a
test for my machine. This is an "old" computer and I would like to know
how much time is needed to compile the FreeBSD kernel.

On 11/03/2016 17:07, Polytropon wrote:
> Just a sidenote:
>
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 16:12:45 +0100, Pierre-Yves Péneau wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I am trying to compile FreeBSD-CURRENT downloaded from
>> https://svn.freebsd.org/base/head. The source tree is at revision
>> 296654. The command to build is the following:
>>
>>> make buildkernel KERNEL=GENERIC -j 2
>
> The setting's name is KERNCONF, not KERNEL, and GENERIC is
> its default value. See Makefile's comment header for details.

| Pierre-Yves Péneau - PhD student |  first.last at lirmm.fr  |
| LIRMM / CNRS - SYSMIC team       |    + 33 4 67 41 85 85    |
| Building 4 Office H2.2           |    http://walafc0.org    |