Upcoming Releases

francesco scaglione francesco.scaglione at sfr.fr
Sat Mar 5 11:12:24 UTC 2016

On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 16:58:20 -0800
Doug Hardie <bc979 at lafn.org> wrote:

> I am running a number of 9.3 systems and am planning the next system
> update for them.  As my client schedules have evolved, it now turns
> out that about the only time I will be able to bring them down for an
> update will be in June 2016.  I suspect the next available time will
> be in June 2017.  The release schedules indicate that 10.3 will be
> out by this June but 11.0 will not.  Back when 10.0 arrived, I
> decided to skip it as there were issues that would require rework of
> my applications both for 10 and then again for 11.  Unfortunately, I
> didn't bother to document those and my memory of the specific issues
> is long gone.  So I am trying to decide to upgrade to 10.3 this year
> or wait till next for 11.0.  Is there anywhere a listing of the high
> level changes from 9 to 10 to 11?  I know about the switch from GCC
> to Clang but that's all I remember.
> — Doug

If you don't upgrade to 10.3 in June, you'll be using an unsupported
system for six months, until June 2017, at least: that wouldn't be wise,
would it?

Francesco Scaglione

More information about the freebsd-questions mailing list