Upcoming Releases

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Sat Mar 5 01:05:06 UTC 2016

I am running a number of 9.3 systems and am planning the next system update for them.  As my client schedules have evolved, it now turns out that about the only time I will be able to bring them down for an update will be in June 2016.  I suspect the next available time will be in June 2017.  The release schedules indicate that 10.3 will be out by this June but 11.0 will not.  Back when 10.0 arrived, I decided to skip it as there were issues that would require rework of my applications both for 10 and then again for 11.  Unfortunately, I didn't bother to document those and my memory of the specific issues is long gone.  So I am trying to decide to upgrade to 10.3 this year or wait till next for 11.0.  Is there anywhere a listing of the high level changes from 9 to 10 to 11?  I know about the switch from GCC to Clang but that's all I remember.

— Doug