wierd issue with ue0

laszlo george at vagner.com
Mon Jun 27 23:13:31 UTC 2016

my 11.0 ALPHA3 PI system is connected as a gateway with ue0 being on the
internet side
and ue1 on the intranet side, all is fine after reboot but i am on
satellite and my internet connection
is on a timer so i dont use too much bandwidth. when the internet side
comes on my system don't seem to get its new IP address or old ip
address even though i have dhclient running and it lists -dynamic in my
process list.

when looking at my ifconfig the interface shows an IP address of 0.0.0.0
and in order to make the system work i have to do an ifconfig ue0 down
and then up.

anyone have an idea where to check why its not getting a new ip address.

i have read about dhclient and i didn't see anything obvious.

thanks.

george