Bad experience switching to SSD on FreeBSD 10.3

Brandon J. Wandersee brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 01:36:05 UTC 2016

> I hope developers at FreeBSD and Gnome become aware of my experience -
> I dearly wish things will be fixed ASAP.

This isn't customer service. If you "dearly wish things to be fixed
ASAP," file bug reports and interact with other users. That interaction
is the only way to learn what the problems are and how to fix
them. Giving up immediately and complaining on these lists won't
accomplish anything.

Also, according to your message, you never even tried "switching to
SSD on FreeBSD 10.3."  So the title is misleading too.

> Luckily for me, I used MBR partitioning when initializing the SSD -
> against the advice from this forum.  Because of that, I was able to
> try out XP, rather than having to roll back the whole upgrade.

You can change the partition table on a disk anytime you like...

--

::  Brandon J. Wandersee
::  brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
::  'The best design is as little design as possible.'