Use svn to checkout port tree failed

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Thu Jun 23 03:17:46 UTC 2016

On 6/22/16 9:45 PM, Nan Xiao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I follow handbook to try to use svn to checkout the port tree:
>
> # svn checkout https://svn.FreeBSD.org/ports/head /usr/ports
<snip>
>  - The certificate hostname does not match.
<snip>

Hmmmm....the mirror I'm currently being sent to

"This is svnmir.nyi.freebsd.org located at NYI.net on the USA East coast."

which is possibly not the mirror you're connecting to (it might help
somebody track down the breakage if you tell us which one you're ending
up at) is providing a perfectly wonderful certificate with the name
"svn.freebsd.org".  Even if you've broken your CA root certificate store
somehow, you really shouldn't be getting a hostname mismatch.

So I'd say that either something is broken on at least one mirror at
least temporarily or you're ending up somewhere bad.

What happens if you explicitly specify a different mirror?

--
--Jon Radel
jon at radel.com