gcc-4.8.4_3

john drake diewolfsschanze at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 23:38:23 UTC 2016

Am running FreeBSD 10.2 and installed gcc-4.8.4_3

After installation received the following message from bcc:
for linking use -Wl,
-rparh=/usr/local/lib/gcc48

For ports leveraging USE_GCC,
USES=compiler, or
USES=fortran,
this happens transparently.

(1). What does this mean, and how do I make it happen transparently?  How do I actually implement the USE approach?
(2). Can I make this transparent by altering the path command by adding /usr/local/lib/gcc48?
(3)   Please supply me with answers to both approaches and their relative advantages/disadvantages?
(4). Also, supply me with the best approach.

Sent from my iPhone