When your server boots too fast: How to slow it down?

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff stdin at niklaas.eu
Sat Jun 11 20:04:47 UTC 2016

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff [2016-06-11 21:32 +0200] :

> in rc.conf because the public IPv4 is assigned by the router.
> However, changing it to SYNCDHCP helped only partly. Now,
> tincd starts but both postfix and sshd still fail.

Additionally to SYNCDHCP, I added the following three lines:

  netwait_enable="YES"
  netwait_if="<interface>"
  netwait_ip="<IPv6>"

This solves the problem. But this also requires me to predict
the IPv6 that the server gets from the router. In this special
case I know it because my provider will only assign me one in
particular. But maybe there's something like SYNCDHCP for IPv6
too?

    Niklaas