advice for buying a laptop

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff stdin at niklaas.eu
Wed Jun 8 19:30:01 UTC 2016

David Christensen [2016-06-08 12:12 -0700] :

> I never bought one, but my searches led me to Dell Inspiron with
> second-generation Core i processors.  Latitude and/or Precision are
> appealing, but it's hard to find examples without NVIDIA or ATI
> graphics (other than brand new, which are very expensive).

I forgot to mention System76:

https://system76.com/laptops

At least they're Linux compatible and you won't pay for a Windows
license (in case you might have a spare one lying around or don't need
one). Anyway, I don't know how they work with FreeBSD, but maybe you can
contact them and get a reply.

    Niklaas