Release or Stable 10.3 ?

Admin admin at allunix.ru
Mon Jun 6 08:46:22 UTC 2016

RELEASE - is a release of FreeBSD, which you can upgrade with patchsets,
staying inside the 10.3 environment. STABLE branches are a development
edge of major branches, stating that the API is left unchanged and is
compatible with minor versions inside a major branch, while CURRENT
branch may already be very different.

So, I'd say not CURRENT nor STABLE branches are intended for production
use, yet they could be used like this ofcourse. You should install
X.Y-RELEASE and then freebsd-update it to latest patchset, in the end
getting X.Y-RELEASE-pZ system, which is the most production-intended
version.