no beep any more

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Jul 26 17:45:13 UTC 2016

El día Tuesday, July 26, 2016 a las 10:00:33PM +0800, Ben Woods escribió:

> If you are using the new vt(4), make sure you have the follow sysctl set:
> kern.vt.enable_bell=1

After boot I have:

$ sysctl -a | fgrep bell
kern.vt.enable_bell: 1
hw.syscons.bell: 1
you have mail
$ sysctl -a | fgrep beep
debug.acpi.resume_beep: 0
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=29 [beep widget]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=29 [beep widget]
dev.hdaa.1.nid29: beep widget
          + <- nid=29 [beep widget]

I have no clue what the 'DISABLED' could mean. I will check a second
Acer C720 I own which still does beep.

Btw: I does not seem to be a hardware fault because when I press
space bar on the coreboot splash screen (which complains about not seeing
the ChromeOS) it does beep as it did always.

Thanks for all spending time in this.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Wer übersieht, dass wir uns den anderen weggenommen haben und sie uns wiederhaben wollen,