Losing network connectivity - Is there a virus on my system ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:55:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am using FreeBSD 10.2 amd64, with Win XP as a backup OS. Since
yesterday, I am experiencing a strange situation. Internet connectivity is
lost every 10-15 minutes. 'ping www.freebsd.org' starts reporting 100%
packet loss. If I run 'service netif restart', ping reports "No route to
host".

The only way to fix the problem is to reboot into XP where internet works
okay. Then I reboot into FreeBSD, where things are okay too - for 10 or
minutes, after which the story gets played again.

Is it possible that somebody has hacked my system to place some malicious
code somewhere to make the system behave like this ? Or is somebody on the
ISP's side doing funny things to bring my internet down ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Manish Jain