How to change back to the console when stucked by the desktop environment

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 21:00:00 UTC 2016

On Jul 16, 2016 5:56 AM, "Yubin Ruan" <ablacktshirt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I just tried FreeBSD-10.3 stable and get stuck when trying to use the
Mate desktop environment. I use Slim as the login manager. But when I try
to login, with correct username and passwd, Slim tell me that
>     "Failed to execute login command"
> (Any idea why would that happen?)
> So I try to switch back to the console use "Alt-F1...Alt-F8", which is
suggested by the doc. But that doesn't work. Why ?

Try CTRL+ALT+F1 through F8.

When are the console, you use Alt+F1 through F8, but need to add the CTRL
over X11 starts.