borderline OT fireox question

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Jul 16 17:34:17 UTC 2016

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 11:13:51 -0500 (CDT), Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>On Sat, July 16, 2016 10:30 am, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>> On 07/15/16 09:00, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>>> https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en#warnin
>>
>> Funny, when I clicked on the link above, I got an error page that
>> said the webpage was incorrectly configured & firefox refused to
>> connect to it, even after I added an exception for it ....
>>

>It opens for me (just tried again in safari and firefox on macintosh at
>home - the same happens at my job place).

William, consider to start Firefox in safe mode

  firefox --safe-mode

since on a Linux PC the link works with at least

firefox 47.0.1 all Google safe browsing URLs removed, Ghostery enabled,
               no other add-on enabled
firefox 47.0.1 a test profile with defaults, IOW Edit > Pref > Security
               all that warn and block crap enabled, no URLs removed in
               about:config, no Add-on
icecat 38.8.0 with Block execution of non-free JavaScript disabled
icecat 38.8.0 with Block execution of non-free JavaScript enabled,
              then IceCat complains, but the link works anyway
palemoon 26.3.3
qupzilla 2.0.1
chrome 51.0.2704.106
chromium 51.0.2704.106