borderline OT fireox question

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:15:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 09:23:54 -0453.75, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>qupzilla-qt4-1.8.9
>qupzilla-qt5-1.8.9

Hi,

I'm not using FreeBSD at the moment. A few days ago 2.0.1 was released,
the predecessor is 1.8.9, so you could use it. When upgrading to 2.0.1
a few minutes are required to get back the old history and speed dial,
but usually updates don't cause issues.

What version you should use, Qt4 or Qt5 belongs on how good Qt5 is
supported for FreeBSD. If you are using no desktop environment, but
just a window manager, than you might need qtconfig-qt4 for the Qt4
version and for Qt5 you likely need qt5ct to set up font sizes and
things like this.

For Linux it's possible to download an IceCat tarball from fsf.org and
to extract it to /opt, IOW there's no need to compile it against
installed libs. I don't know if this works without issues on FreeBSD.

If you don't run any software that connects to the Internet, excepted
of Firefox, you could use Wireshark to monitor Internet traffic.

Regards,
Ralf