OpenWRT

Kristof Provost kp at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 12 19:16:39 UTC 2016

On 12 Jul 2016, at 16:53, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> On 07/12/16 05:28, Kristof Provost wrote:
>>
>> On 12 Jul 2016, at 11:45, krad wrote:
>>
>>> which virtually no embedded wireless aps use.
>>>
>> The TP-Link WDR3600 works well with FreeBSD.
>>
>> Atheros chips are actually used fairly frequently.
>> Have a look at https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start
>>

> OpenWRT is linux based, I was/am looking for something *BSD based ....

I may not have been clear. I pointed to that list as a reference for my
assertion that Atheros chips are reasonably common, not as a
recommendation for openwrt.

The freebsd-wifi-build scripts are useful, and the TP-Link WDR3600 is
know to work with FreeBSD.
I’ve got one running FreeBSD myself, and I believe other people have
had similar success with other TP-Link boards.

Regards,
Kristof