How to make smooth USB access available to Virtualbox vm

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 7 07:53:06 UTC 2016

Excerpt from Manish Jain:

> Is there any other non-USB device which can fill in the need to make
> shared data available to the guest machine ? IOMEGA floppies I think are
> no longer used, but if there is something which provides seamless
> access, I would not mind buying some hardware to solve the problem for
> good (considering the magnitude of the problem, make that 'for very good').

Micronet makes Fantom external hard drives, multi-TB, USB 3.0, some also with eSATA: see micronet.com

I haven't ordered one yet but have been thinking of it.

If you don't already have eSATA port, it may be possible with a PCI or PCIE card with eSATA port(s).

You could also consider possibilities with NAS as Polytropon suggested.

Tom