where can kernel firewall options be found?

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Thu Jul 7 00:31:39 UTC 2016

On 06/07/2016 22:52, Polytropon wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 08:41:12 -0400, Ernie Luzar wrote:
>> I want to compile ipfilter into the kernel. Where do I find the option
>> statements?

According to the handbook page for ipfilter, it is available with the
generic kernel, meaning you don't need to build a custom kernel to use it.

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/firewalls-ipf.html

You can disable building ipfilter by adding WITHOUT_IPFILTER to
/etc/src.conf before building your system.

> They are listed in /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES:
>
> options 	IPFILTER		#ipfilter support
> options 	IPFILTER_LOG		#ipfilter logging
> options 	IPFILTER_LOOKUP		#ipfilter pools
> options 	IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK	#block all packets by default

In case your not sure what to do with those options the handbook
explains how to build a custom kernel.

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/kernelconfig-config.html

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler