"Simple" Languages in FreeBSD - UPDATE

Allen bsd_atog at comcast.net
Sun Jul 3 20:53:40 UTC 2016

On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 21:34:42 +0100
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 16:26:34 -0400
> Allen <bsd_atog at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Shell Scripting > Perl/Python/Ruby > C .... Profit! :)
>
> 	Sounds like a plan - good luck with it and don't be afraid to
> spread yourself thin over the languages once you've got the basics
> under your belt. There's much to be said for spending just enough
> time with a language to understand what it is good for and where it's
> weak and then move on to learn another - when you have a real task to
> get done spend a few minutes deciding on the most suitable language
> from among the ones you know. You'll soon develop favourites.

Thank you :) That's actually part of the reason I had decided on the
Perl/Python/Ruby thing, as from what I've seen, each of those three
have their own strong points and low points, and they're all a bit
different even though it seems like people use them for similar tasks.
Though I'm not sure that's something I'd do lol.

Thanks again!

-Allen